Monday, February 3, 2014

Post Super Bowl post

Hmmm....The Super Bowl was yesterday....and if I had just read that I would have already closed the page, and added a snarky thanks captain obvious. I don't have a clue where this post is going, but I'll throw a Hail Mary pass at it and "win one for the Gipper" and see where that takes me (or maybe I should try for a Guinness record of most sports analogies inserted into a non-sports blog).

As already previously stated the blow out that was the Super Bowl was soooooo anti- climactic that I was ready for the never ending season of baseball to return with a quickness.  I really enjoyed watching P. Mann do his thing this season (disclaimer: I only only watch football on Sundays and still don't understand most of it) and was looking forward to ole Vince-e-poo Lombardi gracing his shiny pigskin into the hands of said QB.  Buuuuuuuut, didn't happen......so I indulged in something much better (no, it wasn't Downton Abbey)- the gluttony that is a Super Bowl smorgasbord of tasty, salty, spicy goodness.

We decided to host a small shindig in honor of the day and I spent all day in a flurry prepping food and floors (the amount of dog hair and dust bunnies hopping about was somewhat shameful....Queen of the domicile right here!) for a fun night of festivities.  Any who, in case you're interested in recipes I'm gonna share 'em....with the exception of the chili recipe because the large tome my brother wrote will not be re-typed by this girl anytime soon.

The menu:

Guacamole....I know, I know, everyone makes guac but I really love (so much I might wanna marry it) this recipe is 2-LEGIT-2-QUIT

Crock-pot drummies.  I didn't want an oven option because I wanted them to be ready and stay warm for several hours, so I did these.  They were tasty and very subtle, next time I will add more ginger and honey as the soy sauce was kind overwhelming the flavor.

Buffalo chicken dip, also in a crockpot because I love me some easy throw it in a pot and let it work some magic recipes.  I'm actually going to type this out because I couldn't find a link to the recipe I use....
1 whole rotisserie chicken, deboned and shredded (rotisserie chicken is the BEST, not much more expensive than a raw bird....and hand-over-fist better than canned chicken, but if you prefer easy then used the canned stuff- equivalent to the amount of a whole bird)
1.5 pkg cream cheese, softened
1.5 cups Frank's red hot (the best hot sauce IMHO)
1.5 cups Hidden Valley Ranch.....I will go fist-to-cuffs with anyone who doesn't think this ranch is far beyond compare

-throw it all in the crock pot until warm and cream cheese is all melted and blended.

So yeah, I'm not a walking paid advertisement.....yet? *wink, wink*

I did serve the obligatory veggies and dip, which only brought down my level of gluttony a wee smidge of a hair. And some amazing friends brought all the provisions for a French75, yum yum yum.....so good and surprisingly didn't put hair on the chest. And another friend brought over the BEST brownies- such ooooeygooooeyfudgeynes!



Today the snow is falling in big huge clumps, and I'm kicking myself real hard for deciding to freeze the leftover chili....I will be enjoying more brownies though! I'll just have a second cup of my sweet nectar instead. (side note, I will NOT be writing anymore posts from the iPad, I know its completely random-which I admittedly am frequently-but the interface just S-T-I-N-K-S like 5 day old baby diaper! too much? whatevs)







That's my back yard peeps! Kind of obsessed with how google+ "animates" some of my photos!


No comments:

Post a Comment