Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Smushy mushy

It's a little known secret that I am a huge mush bucket that wears her beating heart on her sleeve (and yes, third person narrative always required when referring to thyself).  If you knew this about me then go along your merry way, but today is the day I am going to get mushy about my blessings....ya know, the things in my life that I thank God for every day and some things I don't thank God for enough.  So lately I've been somewhat angry, impatient and maybe feeling down right nasty (I am gonna blame the raging hormones that are back in full effect post baby), but there you have it....I don't always feel like a shiny new penny fresh from the mint and am most definitely not as enthusiastic about the day-to-day....and I'm hoping the frustration isn't something that only I feel or it's abnormal or makes me a bad wife/mom/daughter....which also makes me a little more angry that I let my neurosis run away with itself like a track star. Or maybe this is what a sleep deprived person looks like, ha!

I have always been a believer that God will send me the things I need to hear/read/witness...and I usually "get" it when it keeps happening....my husband reminded me yesterday how great we have it (I wanted to remind him that he isn't the one up several times at night). I really really really need to stop letting the trees ruin my view of the beautiful forest that is my life.

My husband is such an amazing rock, who is so kind and gentle and is my pinch hitter in the patience department when I've pulled a hammie over a tantrum and disciplining an almost 2 year old.  I owe him more hugs and kisses then I will ever be able to dole out.  I mean we created the miracle of life darn it.....pretty awesome.  Speaking of the miracle of life.....those babes of mine are totally worth it.  They are so sweet, cuddly, they make me laugh and cry (tears of joy, of course) all at the same time and I don't think I knew a love this deep could exist until they made their respective debuts. (How much mush can a reader take?)....I could write a novel that would rival Melville, Tolstoy, J.K. Rowling aaaaaaaaaaaand Rand all together but I won't.  I'll save the rest for another day.  I'm gonna go and enjoy my blessings.








1. Baby J is yap, yap, yapping soooooo much more

2. Literally anything can be a hat, no?

3. This lucky lady gets to hang with that handsome guy every night 



No comments:

Post a Comment