Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Happy Burrrrrrrrrrrrrfthday

You say it's your birthday, and yes you would be CORRECT! I will now dub thee the smartest 2year old I know.  At least that's the fun little not so far from crazy town reel that plays in my head on the day of your birth, because in reality X-man is only sorta talking and it's definitely a LOT of jibberish.

*time out* I just have to share the most ridiculous commercial I just saw for a life size teddy bear (the cheese factor was truly up there with the miracle products sold on late night television)....that every girlfriend/wife/significant other is just DYING to receive on Valentine's Day. Cuz ya know, nothing says I Love You like a fluffy stuffed bear to convey the deepest feelings of your heart on V-Day...I think that maybe if I continue down this path I will just spiral into a negative rant about said "holiday", so *time in*

X-Man is TWO YEARS OLD today, I just can't believe that I gave birth to this dude (and that's exactly what he is becoming)two years ago.  He has taught me how to be a mommy, and he has also been my guinea pig for parenting tips sometimes gone right or not(stay tuned for my holier-than-though parenting book due out next to NEVER), he has such a quiet calm personality (I just can't wait for the terrible two's let me tell ya) and through my mommy rose colored glasses he has the most adorable little man face, like top model adorable.  Is it ok to say that I have had the most FUN being his mommy? This is not to say that we haven't had our fair share of challenges, and I'm sure there are plenty in our future.

I occasionally look through photos of him since the day he was born, and I couldn't tell you where the time has gone....pre-emptive warning, you are allowed to roll your eyes at my next statement.... It reminds me of that John Mayer song "Stop this train"......
you'll renegotiate

Don't stop this train

Don't for a minute change the place you're in

Don't think I couldn't ever understand

I tried my hand

John, honestly we'll never stop this train

And there you have it. As much as I want to burn every little tiny detail of every day of our lives with X-man it's impossible, and that just makes me want to bottle him up so he can't get any older. Another impossibility, I know.  So, Happy Birthday to my first little man.









No comments:

Post a Comment